Monday 26 November 2012

Rankin & Rosie

Ten Times Rosie is the beautiful collaboration of photographer Rankin and head designer at Thomas Wylde. The book showcases 10 seasons of Thomas Wylde designs, using various different influences to showcase the diversity of model, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. I have included this post as several of the images have a definite tribal link, but I also had to share it because I think it's a brilliant example of how when using the same model, the makeup and styling can result in such incomparable images. The video explains a little more about the book:


Here are some of my favourite images of the collection that relate to my Wild Kingdom project:


Concept: Life After
I have selected the above images because of the sheer beauty of them. The focus here is all on the model and the simplicity of the images helps not to detract from the main attraction. The skin is flawless, and especially in the close up shot, appears to be really glowing. I am interested in how luminous skin can give the imression of an inner glow, inner power and integral breauty. It's a possibility I will explore fro my final looks.


Concept: African Highlander
The African Highlander consists of several of these stunning images, where this time it is not so much the model speaking for herself, but her adornments and decortion. Texture plays a huge part in these pictures and I love the organic feel that has been created by mixing paint with sand or a product similar to Fullers Earth. These images definitely have a very tribal feel to me, especially with the marking of red. I like the use of red under the chin, on the fingers and in the hair partings. This has undoubtably been influenced by various tribe markings as these are all places I am familiar with seeing painted. The colour red also brings a 'warrior' type feel, with the obvious asociation of blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment