Thursday 17 January 2013

Catwalk Look

As I have already discussed, I was keen to create a catwalk look that represented a 'Golden Goddess' look, but I want to keep the look earthy and natural feeling so I have decided my main focus will be the skin. I need the skin to be flawless, glowing, 'golden' - just not in the literal sense. I think this can be achieved by a tan and some beautiful products with a high sheen - and maybe a little gold spray here and there!

Here a few examples of some tribal markings I've been thinking about adding to the face..


                       

I want the markings to be subtle and elegant, but also empowering. I want the face to appear strong, and although beautiful I am not aiming for a girly look. For this reason the two face charts to the left have been ruled out, as these feminine designs will look to 'pretty'. I like the boldness of the other two, they both have the powerful woman look about them.

To see which lines I preferred the most I next decided to try it on myself. Here I tried a combination of line from a couple of the face charts above, but I was really struck by the simplicity yet effectiveness of it. This is just the kind of look I was trying to come up with, as it adds real strength to the face but will allow the beauty and flawless skin of my model to really shine through.



All these lines needed now was depth, so I began to experiment some more with natural pattern. It was the pattern of a feather that lead me to try this out:


Here I have gone over the black line created with a black liquid liner, with horizontal white lines. I used another liquid line to achieve this but really like the look. It's completely natural looking by it's design and yet a subtle, sexy look to have on a runway.

No comments:

Post a Comment