Saturday 29 December 2012

Skeleton Inspired Body Paint Design

Having looked into the Skeleton Tribe I was sure I wanted one of my final looks to be influenced by the ferocious body paint they wear. I want to use a male model with a strong physique, using the skeleton as my main inspiration for design. Below are my own designs that I have come up with:

1. 2.

3.4.

5.

These designs would be for my final Editorial look, for which I want to create an organic image using raw body paint and strange fabrics - I want it to look as though it could have been a design taken straight from an exotic tribe. I don't want imagery to look too futuristic or modern, which is why I have decided against design 1. & 2. even though I really like the strong lines and warrior-esuq markings. Design 5. seemed too 'flimsy' for me. I like the design, but it's important my model comes across as formidable. I thought design 4. was too much, considering a warrior going to war probably wouldn't fiddle around painting on such precise detail on a large scale when design 3. says enough, whilst allowing the body to talk for itself. I like how the design almost looks like a sheet of armour across the chest and heart, and I think teamed with the right face design it could be a really dramatic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment