Friday 5 October 2012

Wild Ones

I am a hair and make-up university student and for my second year project I have been given the task of exploring the tribal and physical transformation of humans. My project is entitled WILD KINGDOM and on this blog i'll be including anything I find relevant and interesting. In no less than six weeks time, I will be creating two looks for my very own Wild Ones. The first, a look appropriate for a high fashion catwalk, the second, a much more extreme, avant-garde look suitable for editorial style work.

To get me started I have created a tribal mood board. This helps me to look at a wide range of colour and style used in tribal dress and design before I think about translating this to a fashion look. Hope you like!


Next, I have gathered fashion and editorial images to show how the theme of 'tribal' influences the fashion world today:


I really like this mood board and the extra vividness that comes with it being a fashion approach to tribal attire. I like the ide of mixing up tribal design, and the rough natural texture that comes with it, with completely unnatural colours.






No comments:

Post a Comment